K.A.NE. Social Youth Development
KANE in Greek language means do or make!
We do national and international youth work. We aim to offer opportunities of personal and social development to local youth through socio-educational activities and non formal education. Our main target is to create independent youth structures as well as to achieve the recognition of youth work in Greece.
Social Youth Development, KANE, is a non-profit organization situated in Kalamata, Greece. Our main target group is young people aged 15-30, youth workers, youth leaders, mentors and trainers. However we are also working with all the local community.
Our vision is to foster youth motivation in order to take initiatives and become more active citizens. Our mission is to provide educational and training opportunities for youth and people that work in the youth field. We also aim at fighting discrimination, fostering intercultural and social development, and promoting social inclusion and equality, particularly for young people. At organizational level, we promote cooperation among local, regional and international organizations and public bodies.
The specific goals of our organization are divided into 3 categories:
- Support youth in the local community (Personal and social development, effective integration into the economic and social community)
- Create Youth Structures (youth centres, community centres, festivals, other)
- Promote non-formal learning in the youth field
- Promote active citizenship at local and European level, encourage intercultural cooperation and the fight against discrimination
- Recognition of the profession of youth worker in Greece
- Promote the idea of volunteerism
- Promote social inclusion and equal opportunities in education
- Create a network of local organizations or groups specialized in social work
- Take action in order to promote innovation and culture in Messinia region
- Capacity building and ongoing staff training
- Achieving operational sustainability
- Continuous improvement of quality assurance and enhancement programs nationwide and European
- Continuous development of new partnerships and creation of a European network
Following the principles of “Education for Sustainable Development”, the organisation’s activities focus on the implementation of European programs for youth, seminars and the organization of educational, cultural and environmental activities, international training courses, conferences, mobility projects, voluntary projects and professional and personal support for youth and adults. Through its activities, the organization has established stable and successful partnerships with organizations and public bodies both locally and internationally.